Our ethos is “one step from home”, creating a family environment. We offer a safe but stimulating setting where children are encouraged to develop their own identity through an understanding of the natural world around them. We practise a forest school approach within Edinburgh and in the wider countryside.
Our Aims & Objectives
- To provide a safe stimulating and secure environment where children can develop confidence and self-esteem at their own pace.
- To promote a healthy lifestyle for children through home cooking, personal hygiene and allowing children to experience risk in a controlled environment.
- To use current national documents to taylor the practice and experiences of your children.
- To work with families to create positive relationships where all opinions and views are respected and embraced.
- To allow children to explore religious, cultural and social differences through the diversity of our families.
- To utilise the local community to enhance the children’s experiences of the world around them.
- To value and respect the staff and help them develop as individuals by providing training, resources and support to progress their careers.
- To create and develop exciting play spaces both indoors and out to promote children’s natural curiosity, creativity and enquiry.